Construction / Project Manager - Developer
Construction / Project Manager – Leading Developer
We are currently retained by a large indigenous Real Estate Development firm to identify a suitably qualified Construction Project Manager to work on the delivery of a number of significant development schemes in the Greater Dublin Region.
They boast an impressive development portfolio including a number of high profile Residential, and Commercial development schemes and internally manage the full development life cycle services from inception through design management procurement and construction phase management.
This new role, reporting internally to the head of development will be charged with examining, driving and delivering the construction strategy from a Commercial, Logistical, Quality and Safety perspective. This role is likely to be multi project based and experience managing multiple sites from a management perspective is desired. We will be happy to expand on the nature of the developments upon application.
This is a demanding role, working in a dynamic agile environment. Our client strive to hire "the best of the best" and in return they offer a varied, fast paced working environment with a mix of prestige developments and flagship projects.
Acting as Construction Manager the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the company’s goals are being met with regard to programme, budget and quality.
- Examining project designs pre construction to ascertain if the right construction strategy is being pursued.
- Provide guidance and leadership to construction teams on how things can be done more efficiently based on experience, research or new technologies.
- Work closely with the commercial team on value engineering exercises.
- Interrogate construction team’s programmes to ensure they are both achievable and realistic.
- Oversee construction activities to ensure that agreed contractual, quality, cost and programme standards and requirements are being met.
- Continuously strive to improve how things are being and could be done.
- Hold the appointed construction teams strictly to the terms of their contract with specific emphasis to Quality and Programme.
- Ensure that design teams are keeping pace with a view to minimising construction delays.
- This is a senior appointment and it is envisaged that the successful applicant will be part of the overall team presenting to funders and joint venture partners during the early stages of development schemes.
- You will be required to demonstrate significant experience in the delivery of large scale construction projects in a technical capacity with a minimum of 10 years post grad experience of same.
- Degree Qualified and ideally have achieved chartered status or be working towards this.
- Experience of technical report writing and knowledge of development / project finance.
- Proven ability in planning and coordinating activities on multi million euro construction projects.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Be a leader of people and teams. You will be required to demonstrate your ability to lead large multi discipline teams.
- Ability to work well and be a leader within a team environment and under pressure.
- Good IT skills, ideally with a knowledge of AUTO CAD, BIM and project planning software.
Our client are based in a central Dublin location and are offering a significant base salary with a benefits package, exciting working environment and significant scope for advancement.
For further details please apply to John Kangley – 01 533 1833 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Elysearch & Placement are an Executive Search & Recruitment Consultancy offering permanent staff and contract solutions to clients across the Engineering, Real Estate & Corporate Finance sectors. We currently have active requirements across the island of Ireland and Greater London area. Our experienced consultants all have specific industry expertise enabling us to recruit and match the right people to our clients’ vacancies. The majority of our current live jobs can be seen on the Elysearch & Placement website.